Please place only one request for bidding assistance at a time. Do not place subsequent requests for other cities until you have bid the full strategy provided in your initial request. This does not mean you have to be successful with your initial request before submitting another, but you must post back with the results of your bid before requesting another. This rule has been implemented due to repeated abuse of our rules. The Administrators and Moderators have repeatedly been taken advantage of by providing multiple bidding strategies to the same person, only to have that person never post back or in some other way violate our stated rules.
Please only ask for assistance for a bid that you will be placing yourself. Do not ask for a bidding strategy for someone else. Ask that person to post their request his/herself.
BiddingForTravel.com supports Priceline.com (US) travel bidding only. If you are unable to use Priceline's U.S. website, please do not request a bidding strategy.
If you fully review the Hotel FAQ and provide the answers to these questions when requesting bidding help for a hotel stay (just the answers will suffice, please do not post the entire form), you will have provided enough information for us to post an informed bidding strategy for you. Please do not include additional information that the person responding does not have to know in order to prepare the bidding strategy, such as your plans at your destination, that it's your honeymoon, birthday, etc. Please post all and ONLY the requested information.
Please do not copy the information from someone else's request. Every bid is unique. That is why we ask for all of this information that is specific to your bid only, not someone else's.
Once a reply is given to you, do NOT edit your earlier request. All updates and/or changes to your request should be posted as a reply on the same topic.
Hotel 'Bidding Assistance' Form:
This form has been created to assist you in providing the information required when requesting bidding assistance for a hotel stay. What is most important is the lowest available rate info. because that is what allows the respondent to help you become an informed bidder and help to insure that you neither overbid or waste bidding opportunities. Please post the requested information in the forum for the city, state or country of the location you are bidding. If you email or private message this information or any bidding-related question, you will not receive a response, as they are deleted unread.
1) The 'City' (or region) you would be bidding for:
2) The 'Zones' (the name (not the number) of the city areas) that are acceptable (when you list more than one zone, make it clear if each zone is equally acceptable or if you want to bid up to your limit for the first zone before bidding for the next zone. Do not just say that you prefer a particular zone without indicating if you want to bid up to your limit for that zone first and do not list a percentage preference as that is too inconcrete to prepare a bidding strategy). Please do not ask for more than two strategies for those who would like to bid each zone separately and/or bid more than one quality level.
3) Date of Hotel Checkin:
4) Date of Hotel Checkout:
5) Number of rooms needed:
6) Hotel Quality Level or 'star rating' desired (1-5):
7) Lowest available rates found in the zones and quality level you desire (list min. of 3) and name the hotel alongside its rate. If you are listing rates for hotels in more than one zone, be sure to include the zone name with the hotel name and rate. Also, list any Priceline "Express Deal" rate offered in your zone and at your quality level (or higher quality level) for your exact dates. If you do not thoroughly check rates, you may not provide the lowest which could result in an inaccurate response. Please convert all non-U.S. currency to U.S. dollars. Bidding strategies are based on the information you provide. See below about providing inaccurate information.
8 ) Source website(s) of lowest available rates (use only the hotels' own website) (do not use Expedia or any hotel consolidators like Hotels.com). The best place to check rates is the respective Hotel List.
9) Give the name (not the number) of each and every one of your free re-bidding zones (that means all of them) (determining free re-bids is explained in Hotel FAQ #9 and #10. The Hotel Lists cannot be used for this purpose. Please do not look at the Hotel List to determine your free re-bid zones. You must check the zones on Priceline's website. Free re-bidding is the major point of confusion with new users so please indicate that you have a complete understanding of free re-bidding after reading #9 and #10 in the Hotel FAQ. Answering "I have not bid yet" or "I can only stay in X zone" are not correct answers and indicates to us that you do not have an understanding of free re-bidding). If you are asking for a bidding strategy for more than one quality level, list your free re-bid zones separately for each quality level you are asking a strategy for. Until you correctly name your free re-bid zones, a bidding strategy cannot be provided. We make no exceptions as knowing how to determine your free re-bid zones is the most important thing to know about Priceline hotel bidding:
10) Maximum willing to bid (before taxes and fees) per room/per night your bidding limit should be the maximum you are willing to pay at the time you post your request, regardless of the amount of winning bids posted. DO NOT STATE A LIMIT THAT YOU WILL NOT BID UP TO AT THE TIME OF YOUR REQUEST AND DO NOT STATE AN AMOUNT THAT IS LESS THAN YOU ARE ACTUALLY WILLING TO BID. Please be realistic with your limit based on available rates for your travel dates. If you have previously bid this same stay, please post the full details of your failed bid history and when you last bid (exact date and time; please don't say this morning, last night or yesterday): THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
11) Have you read the Hotel FAQ on this board and checked for updates today and agree to Pricelines rules, specifically that you are bidding for double occupancy (which only means two people per room, and that Priceline reservations are non-cancelable, non-refundable and non-changeable) and that there is no way to increase or decrease your chances of getting a specific hotel? We hope you will be honest when you answer this question because it is very apparent on many requests that the person answers yes to this when they have not read our Hotel FAQ. If you haven't read it, please do so you will be honest in your answer and you will avoid making a mistake that often comes without reading our Hotel FAQ.
12) Will you be bidding immediately (bid strategies are based on current info.) See Response #3 below? If you are not immediately ready to bid, please do not say that you are as it is a waste of everyone's time and it is disrespectful of the free service offered. This means that if you have already bid and you have to wait 24 hours to bid again, do not post your request until the lockout period has passed. Please do not post your request until you are immediately ready to bid. Ignoring this request is disrespectful of the free service you are asking for and the primary untruth the people make. WE ARE VERY SERIOUS ABOUT BEING IMMEDIATELY READY TO BID AND WAITING A FEW MINUTES TO RECEIVE A RESPONSE AND THEN BIDDING IMMEDIATELY.
13) Will you post the results of your bid and updates (where applicable) in a timely manner, respond to all Administrator/Moderator questions and will you place your bid through the BiddingForTravel link to Priceline in the signature of my posts which requires that you use Priceline.com (US) and no other website for bidding?
Now please go back and make sure that you have provided each and every piece of information requested so that the respondent doesn't have to ask you to if you haven't provided all of the information requested. If you have omitted even one piece of information requested, a strategy cannot be provided
BiddingForTravel.com operates on an honor system. Unfortunately, we continue to have people waste our time by indicating they are immediately ready to bid when they are not. Please consider that those who honestly need assistance within the parameters set forth at BiddingForTravel.com would be disserviced by continued abuse of the free service we offer. Please be respectful and comply with this policy. If you do not acknowledge the strategy or other response provided by an Administrator or Moderator, it is unlikely you will receive help in the future. You may also lose access to BiddingForTravel.com.
If it is determined that you have deliberately been untruthful in any aspect of your request, including saying you are immediately ready to bid when you are not, your posting privileges will be terminated without comment.